WABC Global Standard:
Applicants and holders of this membership level only
Type of Membership:
Level of Membership:
For experienced business coaches
Name of Membership:
WABC Full Member
December 2, 2002
Open | Accepting applicants
WABC's Commitment to Excellence
The Worldwide Association of Business Coaches (WABC) is the first global professional association representing the business coaching industry. Since its inception in 1997, WABC has dedicated itself to raising the profile of business coaching—still an emerging profession—and to differentiating it from coaching in general.
How? Through our principled approach of engaging in disciplined self-regulatory activities to increase public trust in our industry worldwide as it develops. We've identified our emerging profession. We've conducted groundbreaking investigations into what defines a competent business coach. We've further defined and standardized the activities and competencies of business coaching.
The results? WABC has done more than any other organization to identify the tasks, qualities and skills of the business coach. WABC's activities set the gold standard for business coaching and help decision-makers around the world when they screen, hire, train and evaluate business coaches.
About WABC Full Membership
Type of Membership
WABC Full Membership is our advanced level membership for individuals. It recognizes those who are experienced external and internal business coaches and who are active practitioners in the field.
WABC Full Membership is granted by WABC, headquartered in Canada.
How to Earn WABC Full Membership
You are eligible for WABC Full Membership if you:
- Are actively engaged in business coaching as an external or internal coach, in alignment with the WABC Business Coaching Definition;
- Are providing business coaching services (one-on-one or group coaching) and possibly other related services and activities (e.g., business coach training, speaking engagements, publishing and/or research about business coaching);
- Have appropriate business coaching service agreements with your business coaching clients, coachees and/or business coach training participants;
- Have at least 3 years of business coaching experience (includes coaching in the private, public and nonprofit sectors);
- Have at least 7 years of business or organizational experience (includes coaching and non-coaching work in the private, public and nonprofit sectors);
- Have provided business coaching services to at least 15 recipients in the last 3 years;
Prove, with verifiable references, that you have provided business coaching or business coach training to 5 recipients in the last 12 months. Your 5 references can come from:
You can gather these 5 references yourself or ask your employer (or the person managing your coaching contract) to submit declarations about your references. Instructions and templates to fulfill this references requirement will be provided.
- EITHER 5 business coaching clients and/or coachees
- OR 3 business coaching clients and/or coachees plus 2 business coach training participants
- Have a reputation for integrity and sound character;
- Agree to abide by the WABC Terms of Membership, the WABC Code of Business Coaching Ethics and Integrity, the WABC Professional Standards for Business Coaches, the WABC Terms and Policies and any other standards, terms, conditions, rules, regulations, policies, procedures and guidelines that may be adopted; and
- Meet other requirements that may be established from time to time by WABC.
Your application must include a current résumé/CV or outline verifying your background experiences and five verifiable references. Reference forms are included in the application material. Please also familiarize yourself with our credential verification process.
How to Maintain WABC Full Membership
You must continue to meet the qualification standards by renewing annually. The renewal process is quick and may be completed online.
How to List WABC Full Membership
Current holders may list this WABC membership in either of these ways as follows: WABC Full Membership™ or WABC Full Member™.
Please Note: WABC members who hold any educational degrees, or any professional designations from organizations other than WABC, must have these credentials (now and in the future) verified by WABC if they wish to list them in any materials that display WABC trademarks (e.g., WABC name, logo, designations, memberships). This requirement applies to members' own materials (e.g., marketing and promotional material, résumés, business cards, website, email signature block) that contain WABC trademarks as well as to WABC materials (e.g., website, member correspondence). For full details, refer to our Use of Designations Policy, Trademarks and Logo Use Policy and Logos and Guidelines.
What's Your Next Step?
Join us today. Apply now online!
Get in touch. Contact WABC.