WABC Global Standard:
Applicants and holders of this membership level only
Type of Membership:
Level of Membership:
For newer and part-time business coaches
Name of Membership:
WABC Affiliate Member
December 2, 2002
Open | Accepting applicants
WABC's Commitment to Excellence
The Worldwide Association of Business Coaches (WABC) is the first global professional association representing the business coaching industry. Since its inception in 1997, WABC has dedicated itself to raising the profile of business coaching—still an emerging profession—and to differentiating it from coaching in general.
How? Through our principled approach of engaging in disciplined self-regulatory activities to increase public trust in our industry worldwide as it develops. We've identified our emerging profession. We've conducted groundbreaking investigations into what defines a competent business coach. We've further defined and standardized the activities and competencies of business coaching.
The results? WABC has done more than any other organization to identify the tasks, qualities and skills of the business coach. WABC's activities set the gold standard for business coaching and help decision-makers around the world when they screen, hire, train and evaluate business coaches.
About WABC Affiliate Membership
Type of Membership
WABC Affiliate Membership is our entry-level membership for individuals. It recognizes those who are emerging, new and part-time external and internal business coaches.
WABC Affiliate Membership is granted by WABC, headquartered in Canada.
How to Earn WABC Affiliate Membership
You are eligible for WABC Affiliate Membership if you:
- Are transitioning into a business coaching practice or are practicing part-time* as an external or internal coach, in alignment with the WABC Business Coaching Definition;
- Are providing, or will provide, business coaching services (one-on-one or group coaching) and possibly other related services and activities (e.g., business coach training, speaking engagements, publishing and/or research about business coaching);
- Have, or will put in place, appropriate business coaching service agreements with your business coaching clients, coachees and/or business coach training participants;
- Have less than 3 years of business coaching experience, though you may have more (includes coaching in the private, public and nonprofit sectors);
- Have at least 7 years of business or organizational experience (includes coaching and non-coaching work in the private, public and nonprofit sectors);
- Have a reputation for integrity and sound character;
- Agree to abide by the WABC Terms of Membership, the WABC Code of Business Coaching Ethics and Integrity, the WABC Professional Standards for Business Coaches, the WABC Terms and Policies and any other standards, terms, conditions, rules, regulations, policies, procedures and guidelines that may be adopted; and
- Meet other requirements that may be established from time to time by WABC.
Your application must include a current résumé/CV or outline verifying your background experience. Please also familiarize yourself with our credential verification process.
* Means you intend to provide business coaching services over the next year, or are in the first 3 years of a business coaching practice, or have fewer clients than required for WABC Full Membership.
How to Maintain WABC Affiliate Membership
You must continue to meet the qualification standards by renewing annually. The renewal process is quick and may be completed online.
How to List WABC Affiliate Membership
Current holders may list this WABC membership in either of these ways as follows: WABC Affiliate Membership™ or WABC Affiliate Member™.
Please Note: WABC members who hold any educational degrees, or any professional designations from organizations other than WABC, must have these credentials (now and in the future) verified by WABC if they wish to list them in any materials that display WABC trademarks (e.g., WABC name, logo, designations, memberships). This requirement applies to members' own materials (e.g., marketing and promotional material, résumés, business cards, website, email signature block) that contain WABC trademarks as well as to WABC materials (e.g., website, member correspondence). For full details, refer to our Use of Designations Policy, Trademarks and Logo Use Policy and Logos and Guidelines.
What's Your Next Step?
Join us today. Apply now online!
Get in touch. Contact WABC.